When it comes to preparing for a tradeshow, it seems like there are 101 things to remember and prepare. From your tradeshow booth or banners to brochures or giveaways, and everything in between… a successful tradeshow doesn’t happen by accident, but with effective planning and combination of marketing assets. Here are some tips for making the most out of your printed marketing materials for tradeshows.
Common Print Collateral Needs for Tradeshows
- Custom Printed Displays – Tradeshow displays could include banners, posters, pop-up booths, tabletop exhibits, backdrops, and many other space-saving and compact systems. Aim to make your display colorful and easy to read.
- Custom Printed Postcards or Mailers – Postcards can be sent out prior to the show with details of the event to drive booth visits. They could also be used to hand-out at the show with a specific offer or message. If you know your booth number or have a map of vendors, you can help insure people find you easily.
- Print Material – The print material in your booth such as brochures or sell sheets should be eye-catching and pop! Get your brand message across in a creative way that will answer questions and persuade.
- Loyalty Cards or Business Cards – Give your visitors a reason to follow up with you after the show. What can you offer them to come back? Use these printed materials to drive your permission based marketing by collecting information to follow up later with an email or direct mail campaign.
- Promotional Items – Some businesses like to offer a small gift to everyone who visits their booth, while others like to treat their VIP’s to something more substantial. Whatever you choose, make your branded promotional item memorable and useful. Finding promotional giveaways that have a higher perceived value will be retained longer than cheap or gimmick items.
- Booth Wear – Make sure that your team is dressed for success with coordinating branded booth wear. Your team is part of your brand!
- Extra Time – Plan months ahead of time to allow for graphic creation, proofing, edits, and shipping of your print collateral and booth marketing materials. Often marketers reserve booth space ahead of time but can forget how long it takes to create and print marketing collateral. If you have questions about graphics, output, file types, we are here to help (and here is a helpful resource)!
Tradeshows are just one part of your marketing mix. For the greatest success, integrate your tradeshow with other marketing. For instance, can you promote your show on social media before and during the show? After the show, how can you maximize your leads or gain more publicity?
J-C Press would love to be your trusted print partner for all your tradeshow needs! We can assist with not only printed marketing materials for tradeshows, but also branded apparel and promotional items, banners and tradeshow displays, and more . We understand all the complexities of tradeshows and having materials ready in time for deadlines. We are here to help you have the best printing experience possible. Contact us today at 800.499.8960 and we will help make your next tradeshow an unforgettable event.